Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

June 7, 2014


It's been a few weeks since I came back from Australia but I have yet to sort out all the photos I've taken (which is not very surprising...) I was thinking if I should blog about it day by day or place by place. And I guess it'll be less messy to post one place by another rather than day by day since we might have visited a few places in a day.

On the third day in Gold Coast, we decided to head down to Brisbane to visit Lone Pine - the world's first and largest koala sanctuary. They don't only have koalas actually, there are also kangaroos and other Australian wildlife. In a moment you'll see why it's such a lovely place to be. Kangaroo is hands down my favourite of all! They aren't locked in cages, so if you want to you could approach them and hand feed them. Koalas are adorable too, but they're so lazy they basically only eat & sleep. We're lucky enough to spot the baby koala sleeping in its mom's arms when we were there. Too adorable!





If you follow me on instagram you'd have seen my selfie with one of the kangaroos. They're really so adorable. Though my friends then told me that they actually might kick or box you despite their innocent look... In the photos you could see we also met one shy (or sobbing?) kangaroo that refused to look up. And then in the last photo, we didn't know what happened, they were all initially lying down and some were sleeping, suddenly they all jolted awake and just stood there for what felt like 5 minutes, not moving, looking at the same direction. We still wondered what they heard. But that was quite an astonishing scene to see all of them suddenly being so alerted, rather than the original relaxed and chilled mood.

0 Love notes:

Post a Comment

 

© icollectmoments All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk