The Beginning

January 5, 2013


In case you wonder, the photo above was taken when I was in South Africa. The sky was extremely crowded of stars that night, it was incredibly beautiful. The trip to South Africa was full of surprises, laughter and love. I couldn't believe the amount of love people are willing to give to others whom they haven't known long enough. I've had so much fun! For your information, I did the highest gorge swing in the world!

Anyway, I spent my new year eve counting down at a pool party in South Africa and spent the first day of 2013 taking 17 hours of flight back to Malaysia. And then these few days were spent sleeping in, fixing my body clock, catching up with my childhood friends and so on. I haven't even unpacked all my clothes from the 25kg luggage, but I'm going back to the airport again tomorrow, this time back to Singapore, back to school life, back to reality. I remember during November I started losing all my motivation for school, thus I did quite badly for that assessment. I was so glad holidays came at the right time, now I've had enough rest, I believe I will be able to cope better this sem!

Here's a status I posted few days before I came back from South Africa...


I'm surprised to see how much I fell in love with South Africa and the people in the country.

I actually wanted my first post of 2013 to be post like "2013 resolution" or reflections or anything that seems to be a good beginning, but I haven't seem to start thinking about them yet. I'm not sure why but I'm not exceptionally excited that it's already 2013, but also not really sad that 2012 is over. In fact I don't really feel the difference like I did the past years. I wonder why! But well...December is over, January is here, it's time to resume back to my school life.

Happy New Year people! <3


8 Love notes:

  1. i really love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you jj! but i wonder why this post cuz it has nothing particularly amazing or insightful! but thanks!! :)

      Delete
  2. Yup, South Africa is a beautiful place to visit!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didnt believe before i went. now i can say proudly that it is. it's full of surprises.

      Delete
  3. did you stand for ages while waiting for your shutter to take the pic? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha not really! cuz this was taken at the back yard of my host family's house, we actually took a few chairs out to sit, play games, chit chat, drink, talk abt the stars while I shot this! :)

      Delete
  4. haha that's nice :) cause i remembered when you were waiting for your shutter to click when you took the stars in nz on new year's eve lol

    ReplyDelete

 

© icollectmoments All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk